Friday, March 7, 2014

March DT Projects for Twiddleybitz.

Hi there.

Back today to share with you my projects that I made for this months DT challenge at Twiddleybitz.  I had the pleasure of setting the challenge which was to use Twiddleybitz with Mixed Media!!

My first project is a LO.


The base is Kraft Corrugated Cardstock.  The Die Cut Patterned paper is Bo Bunny.  I created the background by first randomly sticking on Tim Holtz Tissue Paper.  I then used the Prima Damask Mask and applied Texture Paste To it.  I again randomly stuck torn Muslin randomly over the page. Then I applied another layer of Texture paste this time Shimmerz's Gritty Graphite and finished of the background by spraying it with fireworks sprays.  The Twiddleybitz Detailed Window Frame FRA007, Butterflies Assorted BUT003 and Steam Punk Blossom SPK009 have all been painted with Distress Paint.  The doilies are from my stash.  The flowers Green Tara and Prima.  Lastly the "My Little Princess Title"  is a MME Die Cut.

Here is a close up of some of the texture in the background.


My second project is a card.


The base card is Kraft.  For my background I again used the Prima Damask Mask and this time used Shimmerz Dazzelerz Grapetastic Paste.  I then applied a layer of torn Muslin.  The Twiddleybitz FOr You WOR096, Flower Border BOR022 and the Queen Anne Oval Frame FRA017 have all been painted with Distress Paint.  Lastly the flowers are Prima and Green Tara.

A close up of the background on card.


For my final project I have made a canvas.


I started with Mont Marte Canvas which I used the Prima Bubbles Mask with Texture paste for the bottom Layer.  I then used a TCW Mask for the second layer, I added some Luminarte's to the texture paste to get the pink colour. I then sprayed the canvas with fireworks sprays.  I used a Kaiser Texture Stamp and randomly stamped some images on the canvas with Archival Ink.  I used a Paint Dabber and swiped it over parts of the textured areas of the canvas and around the edges. The Twiddleybitz Ornate Flourish FLOR019, The Wrought Iron Edges WI004 and the For You WOR096 (which I cut and have only used the You) are all painted with Distress Paint.  The "love" word is from Manor House.  The flowers are Manor House and Green Tara.  Lastly I have used a couple of Pearl Centres in the middle of my half cut Ornate Flourish.




A couple of close up pics of the texture of the canvas.




That's all for me now, have a great weekend,

Tania xx 

1 comment :

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it!